Masks

Moderator: jsachs

Marpel
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Nikon D810

Masks

Post by Marpel »

Not sure how the heck I accomplished this but....

Using the Masks tool, I generated 2 masks with Flood Fill, which accomplished what I wanted. Saved the masks as image files and closed the program.

Upon return, opened an image and both masks. In the Browser window, both mask thumbnails looked as they should (black where the object was and white areas surrounding most of the object) and prior to opening the masks, the thumbnails also looked as they should in the folder browse window.

However, when either thumbnail is double clicked to open the respective mask in the workspace, the mask now shows a thin white outline around the object (as if using the edge tool), the object area is black and the perimeter (white in the thumbnails) of the white outline is also black.

If I use either mask on the image, in Composite, they work as expected and where the white should be, the full effect of the Composite action (in this case "Filter") is shown.

Did I accidentally push some button or pull some lever I am unaware of??

No problem using the masks for their purpose, but, because the areas which should be white are now black, I can't paint in corrections to the white areas.

Marv
Marpel
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Nikon D810

Re: Masks

Post by Marpel »

Please ignore this thread. I just figured out the issue and it is user error. Apologies.

Marv