Long filenames in Browser

Moderator: jsachs

Dieter Mayr
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Nikon D700

Long filenames in Browser

Post by Dieter Mayr »

Hello

When having set the image size to small or medium in Browser it happend that longer filenames are not shown completely (Even with large images it needs just a long enough filename, of course).
Would it be possible to add a "Mousehover" behaviour like it is used for example in Windows Explorer?
When the cursor rests a while over the not completely filename it will show the complete filename in a seperate little window beneath.
Dieter Mayr
tomczak
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Fuji X-E2

Re: Long filenames in Browser

Post by tomczak »

Dieter,

I'm not sure if this is what you're seeing, but keeping a mouse pointer over the image in Browse (not the file name), enlarges the image and shows pretty long file names underneath it.
Maciej Tomczak
Phototramp.com
willow

Post by willow »

In addition to what was just said if you drag the right hand browser line to the right so as to show two images side by side and then hold the curser over the image it will show even panoramic images plus the full file name.
Bill Low
Dieter Mayr
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Nikon D700

Post by Dieter Mayr »

Maciej, Bill,

Thanks for the tip, I have to confess, to my shame, that I was too fast with clicking in the image in browser that I have not noticed the enlarging image till now.
But when the browse window is small in width (one column of small images) it dont show the full long file name, neither.
But for 2 collumn width it's just the perfect solution!
Dieter Mayr