Installation folder different from default

Moderator: jsachs

tomczak
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Fuji X-E2

Installation folder different from default

Post by tomczak »

It looks like PWP6 installs in the default (i.e. Program FIles/...) folder even if another folder is specified during the installation. Interestingly, the uninstall utilities list the folder that was typed during installation, not the actual, default one.

On the related issue (i.e. portability), would someone have a list of full changes that PWP6 does to the system during installation (i.e. registry entries, new files, including any written not in the PWP6 installation folder and perhaps changes Windows .ini files, if any)?

Cheers!
Maciej Tomczak
Phototramp.com
ksinkel

Re: Installation folder different from default

Post by ksinkel »

I am hoping to get to th bottom ogf the installation folder this go round -- it is an installer issue, so I have to work with their support people.

PWP does not use any ini files. The installer registers applications according to regular Windows conventions which allow the uninstall, modify/repair and overwrite on a new version to work correctly. However I have never seen a description of what these are.

Beyond that, PWP uses registry entries under HKEY_CURRNT_USER\Software\Digital Light and Color\Picture Window for preferences and other state information.

Kiril
Kiril Sinkel
Digital Light & Color