Auto and manual recalc buttons in Image Browser Main Toolbar

Moderator: jsachs

tomczak
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Fuji X-E2

Auto and manual recalc buttons in Image Browser Main Toolbar

Post by tomczak »

I don't seem to be able to turn the Auto Recalc off and use Manual recalc (the two buttons in the Image Browser Main Toolbar).

On double-click on any image in the branch, even if no adjustments are made but OK or Apply is clicked, all images downstream of it are recalculated regardless of whether the Autorecalc is depressed or not. The Manual recalc button doesn't seem to do much.

A related comment: even if everything is on Auto Recalc, should it recalculate all the downstream images even if no adjustments are made? And also, if for some reason I click on Apply, which recalculates downstream images, then I click OK rather than Cancel, should it recalculate all the images again (perhaps this is because it's not that easy to detect if any adjustments were made to the transformation?).
Maciej Tomczak
Phototramp.com
jsachs

Re: Auto and manual recalc buttons in Image Browser Main Toolbar

Post by jsachs »

I'm pretty sure manual recalc worked at some point in the past, but it is definitely not working now, so I have removed it from the main tool bar. I will possibly put it back in later, but I don't want to risk destabilizing the program right now.

The optimization for no changes made is also doable, but would involve a lot of code changes.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color