Digital Certificate

Moderator: jsachs

jimbhicks

Digital Certificate

Post by jimbhicks »

I just installed 8.0.25 and my Windows 10 seems not to have recognized your newly acquired digital certificate. Since nobody else has mentioned this, I wonder what might be amiss.
jsachs

Re: Digital Certificate

Post by jsachs »

Thanks for letting me know.

What exactly happened when you tried to install?
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
Robert Schleif

Post by Robert Schleif »

I had to go through the same procedure as earlier of clicking on "Show more information" (or something like that) and then clicking on "Run Anyway".
jimbhicks

Post by jimbhicks »

Same with me. The install procedure was the same as in the past.
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

OK, I have made a minor change to the way the certificate is embedded in the installer for the next release. Let me know if the problem persists as it is hard to check here.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
tomczak
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Fuji X-E2

Post by tomczak »

This is for version 8.0.26. That's the only warning screen - I can't remember, but I thought there was more than one in previous installations.
Attachments
Annotation 2019-12-30 213127.png
Annotation 2019-12-30 213127.png (52.3 KiB) Viewed 4055 times
Maciej Tomczak
Phototramp.com
tomczak
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Fuji X-E2

Post by tomczak »

Not the only one...
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (73.95 KiB) Viewed 4055 times
Maciej Tomczak
Phototramp.com
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

That looks like a step forward -- previously it complained about an unknown publisher and forced you the click an Advanced button before you could install.

I have some questions out to the support staff of the company I got the certificate through. Probably I am not using correctly.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
jimbhicks

Post by jimbhicks »

I just installed 8.0.26 and the procedure began similarly as it has in the past. I do notice that now the install screens are recognizing Digital Light and Color which is different from the past. I got the same initial warning that "Windows protected your PC" as tomczak and I clicked "Run anyway".

Now for something possibly significant. When I got the install screen "Do you want to allow this app ..." I clicked on "Show information about the publisher's certificate". I got no response to this and my PC locked up. I restarted Windows 10 and restarted the installation by double clicking on the installer file name. The installation then proceeded to completion without the displays shown by tomczak.

So it looks like Windows 10 is recognizing your certificate but it is just not handling it correctly.
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

OK, thanks -- it looks like I need some help from either the certificate company or the installer company.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color