Monitor Curves

Moderator: jsachs

Robert Schleif

Monitor Curves

Post by Robert Schleif »

I am concerned that I have not properly understood the documentation on the use of monitor curves. It appears to me that in general use (after you have already built and stored a monitor curve) when you are ready to print an image, you must step sideways by opening the Monitor Curves dialog and choosing one of your monitor curves, then proceed through the standard procedure for printing except that you ensure that the "Apply inverse monitor curves" box is checked.
It would seem more direct that you choose or verify your desired inverse monitor curve in a drop down menu in the PWP print menu without taking a detour through the Monitor Curves dialog under Files.
jsachs

Re: Monitor Curves

Post by jsachs »

The assumption is that most users will have only one set of monitor curves.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
billp

Post by billp »

I found no Gray Wedge 15.tif (as referred to in the docs for Monitor Curves) in my download of PWP 5.0.1.2.

I did find Q-13.tif on the Download page.

Have I missed something? (I probably have).
ksinkel

Post by ksinkel »

The grey wedge file is right below the Color Management paper here: http://dl-c.com/content/view/34/55/

Kiril
Kiril Sinkel
Digital Light & Color
Robert Schleif

Post by Robert Schleif »

I'm not confident that I fully understand. Suppose that in one session I return to Monitor Curves, pick my curve, then go to the print dialog, check the "Apply inverse monitor curves" print, then close PWP. When I later reopen PWP, I believe the "Apply.." box will still be checked. Will PWP still use the curve without my going back to Monitor Curves, or must I again return to the Monitor Curves dialog before printing? Would this also be true if I had multiple curves?
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

PWP remembers the last monitor curves
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
billp

Post by billp »

Found it, Kiril!

Thanks much!