Registry PWP settings script

Moderator: jsachs

tomczak
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Fuji X-E2

Registry PWP settings script

Post by tomczak »

I often use PWP on borrowed computers. It works fine, but I need to reset the preferences, colour management, and RAW settings on each new machine. I was thinking that I could develop a script of sorts that would set those settings for me automatically. For instance I could write a few registry scripts and maybe a batch file that would copy what's needed to the proper locations (and than perhaps convert it all to an EXE file that I would run on each new machine). Would anyone know the full list of registry entries (and their values) and files and folders that would need to be copied so that I could accomplish most of it? Cheers!

p.s. A similar concept was discussed some time ago, and I gave up the idea of setting everything automatically, but at least some settings should be able to be set with less work, I hope.

http://www.dl-c.com/board/viewtopic.php ... stry#p1434
Maciej Tomczak
Phototramp.com
keithrj
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Canon 40D

Re: Registry PWP settings script

Post by keithrj »

I install PWP on a USB hard drive then remove the hard drive and de-install PWP. What you end up with is a portable version of PWP minus the registry entries. When you first run PWP from the USB drive on another computer it will create the registry entries.

In PWP5 I managed to extract registry entries I required and made a .reg file. You simply click this file to load the registry. This all worked fine except now with PWP6 it seems some things are not in the registry (or I can't find them). I particularly like to take my customised toolbar with me. If you can find the registry entries you want it is quite a simple matter to extract them into a script.