Display input/output preview side by side and zoom

Moderator: jsachs

tomczak
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Fuji X-E2

Display input/output preview side by side and zoom

Post by tomczak »

Is there a way to keep the zoom factor when switching between input, output, and input/output side-by-side preview?

It seems that, for example, if the preview is zoomed to 1:1, and I switch from input to output the zoom is maintained, but switching to side-by-side the images are zoomed to fit (also vice versa - moving from 1:1 zoom in side-by-side reverts to zoom to fit when the preview is switched to either input or output.
Maciej Tomczak
Phototramp.com
jsachs

Re: Display input/output preview side by side and zoom

Post by jsachs »

The current method is more likely to do what you expect if you start off zoomed to fit. Then in side-by-side display both halves are also zoomed to fit. I tried turning off zoom to fit when switching display modes, but there were a number of cases where it did not do the right thing. For example, if you are in side by side display and zoomed to fit and then switch to displaying the input or output image, the image stays small.

What I did for the next release was to leave the default behavior of the display tool bar unchanged but to preserve the zoom factor if the Alt key is depressed. This lets you choose which behavior you want in any given situation.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
tomczak
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Fuji X-E2

Post by tomczak »

Great. I just want to say that alt-click on previews is consistent with alt-clicking between transformations which also preserves the zoom factor.
Maciej Tomczak
Phototramp.com
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

Exactly
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color