Batch processing and copy/paste or drag-and-drop

Moderator: jsachs

tomczak
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Fuji X-E2

Batch processing and copy/paste or drag-and-drop

Post by tomczak »

When a set of images is copied from another programme (e.g. FastStone) only the first one can be pasted to PWP. Dragging and dropping them between the programmes result in multiple images opened as several top images. Can I get a set of images chosen elsewhere to open as a batch list in PWP other than directly opening them from the PWP?
Maciej Tomczak
Phototramp.com
Bob Walker
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Canon R5

Re: Batch processing and copy/paste or drag-and-drop

Post by Bob Walker »

Drop a selected list of files (from an explorer window) on to the background of the file list window in the file open dialog, and all the selected files will be added to the process list.
tomczak
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Fuji X-E2

Post by tomczak »

Cheers for that! Am I right that I need to use Open (multiple) File first and list at least one file there before being able to drag and drop more files using the above technique?
Maciej Tomczak
Phototramp.com
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

Using a regular File Open is OK -- it becomes a Multiple File Open when you drop additional files on it, but the additional files are initially de-selected. To get the batch to include them you need to select them first. For the next release I have changed this so that the dropped files are initially selected.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color