PWPro 5 Crashes?

Moderator: jsachs

JayF

PWPro 5 Crashes?

Post by JayF »

Hello:

I was looking forward to finally upgrading from PWPro 4.0.1.13 to PWPro 5.0

I am running Win 7 Home Premium 64 Bit on an Intel Core i3 530 processor with 6GB DDR3 RAM.

I have been running version 4 on this computer (and on a previous Win 98 machine since V 3) for quite some time with no problems.

I downloaded and installed PWPro 5.0.1.7 demo version. Version 5 crashes almost every time I use it. It crashes in several situations. For example:

a. when I ran a saved workflow that I previously constructed in version 4. The crash occurred on more than one occasion as I applied the "Change Color Profile" transform. When I restart PWPro 5, then run the workflow again, it will not crash when I click-on the "Change Color Profile" transform.

b. after I used the workflow to process one image, then selected a second, previously saved workflow (from the Options drop-down) to process a different image without closing the workflow window. I have been doing this for years in version 4 with no problems. I tried this workflow method a second time and it did not crash.

c. right after starting PWPro 5, I tried to select a folder in the "Browse" window. After re-starting the programme, I was able to select the folder without incident.

I am not having any other trouble with this computer.

I searched through your message board back to the point where v5 was introduced and did not find any related messages.

Can you offer any advice/solutions?

Cheers! Jay F
ksinkel

Re: PWPro 5 Crashes?

Post by ksinkel »

It seems you have encountered a compatibility problem between v4 and v5 workflows. Please send me the v4 workflow with a description of what you found to support@dl-c.com.

Kiril
Kiril Sinkel
Digital Light & Color
bobsofpa

Re: PWPro 5 Crashes?

Post by bobsofpa »

Kiril,

I had a similar problem with v5. I found that I had to re-d0 all the v4 workflows after I installed v5. Sorry, I can not send you any of the v4 workflows as I deleted all of them.