jfoster
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Canon/5DMIII

Issue with Autosave When Image Opened from Another App

Post by jfoster »

Steps to illustrate the issue (Rev 8.0.152):

Case 1:

1. Start PWP 8
2. Open image file for editing.
3. Open a Transformation on the image file. (I used Masks...)
4. Crash PWP 8 (from Task Manager).
5. Re-open PWP 8. Notice that PWP 8 offers to open autosaved Workspace.

Case 2:

1. Open PWP 8 via DxO PhotoLab Export to Application.
2. Notice now that the same steps as above have a different result - PWP 8 doesn't offer to open autosaved Workspace after step 4.

Also, the crash that I observed, that led me to notice this, happened when using the Mask Paint Tool as the first Transformation on the opened image. The crashed occurred when using the Paint Tool at the bottom edge of the image with part of the paint tool beyond the bottom boundary of the image. I have not worked on creating replication steps for this problem yet but will look at it further when I get a chance.

Jeff
jfoster

Re: Issue with Autosave When Image Opened from Another App

Post by jfoster »

I have not been able to reproduce the crash. However there is another Mask Paint Tool issue I've noticed for some time that I'll write up in a new topic.

Jeff
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

Shutting down PWP from the Task Manager is apparently not the same as crashing it. I did confirm that if you really crash it, it does ask to restore the previous workspace if you start it up via DxO.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
jfoster

Post by jfoster »

the crash that I observed, that led me to notice this, happened when using the Mask Paint Tool as the first Transformation on the opened image. The crashed occurred when using the Paint Tool at the bottom edge of the image with part of the paint tool beyond the bottom boundary of the image.
The problem that I observed was that PWP 8 did not offer to open the auto-saved Workspace after a crash that occurred using the Mask Paint tool. The technique of stopping PWP 8 from Task Manager was merely used to illustrate steps to reproduce the issue.

Jeff