PWP and DxO PhotoLab

Moderator: jsachs

Charles2
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Fuji X-Pro 2

PWP and DxO PhotoLab

Post by Charles2 »

Jonathan, you mentioned that you use DxO PhotoLab to develop raw files. Do you have any suggestions?

Among other things, I wonder whether you use an .icc profile created with PWP | Create Profile, and if so, what settings when creating the profile and then settings in PhotoLab to use it.
jsachs

Re: PWP and DxO PhotoLab

Post by jsachs »

I use PhotoLab as follows:

1) I copy all my raw files from the camera card to a folder

2) I launch PhotoLab and navigate to the image folder

3) I develop just the images I want to process. Mostly I limit this to setting the exposure to avoid any highlight clipping, doing Prime noise reduction with the default settings, possibly raising the shadow slider if the image is very dark, and possibly adding some Microcontrast. I also let it fix Chromatic Aberration, Vignetting and Barrel/Pincushion Distortion. Then I export to PWP as a 16-bit TIFF which is saved back into the same folder as the raw files. PhotoLab can be configured to export directly to PWP which is a great convenience.

I shoot and keep the image in Adobe RGB in PhotoLab which is pretty much what my monitor also displays.

4) In PWP, after working on the images, I save them in a subfolder of the image folder along with their scripts so I can rework them later.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color