Dialog Position

Moderator: jsachs

Robert Schleif

Dialog Position

Post by Robert Schleif »

Likely it is a personal idiosyncrasy, but when I open a new transformation, I want to see the new thumbnail as well as its dialog box, and to do this, I must move the dialog box when the branch contains more than about three thumbnails. It would be convenient for me if I could specify that instead of always being initially positioned at the bottom left or bottom right, I also had the option of having the dialog box initially positioned, if possible, so as not to overlap its thumbnail.
jsachs

Re: Dialog Position

Post by jsachs »

If I display the transformation dialog box higher up on the left side, it covers other thumbnails you might want to see, so I'm not sure that would be a good default location.

I could add support for lower right, right center or bottom center as default locations if there is any interest in any of these options.

You can also minimize the dialog box when you want to see behind it and then restore it when you want to get it back.

The ideal solution is a second monitor -- a 13" 1920x1080 monitor is perfectly usable for displaying the image browser and transformation dialog boxes, and you can get them on eBay or Amazon for a less than $150.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
tomczak
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Fuji X-E2

Post by tomczak »

That may not be exactly the solution Robert is looking for, but there is an option in the main toolbar (13th button from the left) that can show Image Browser in a separate window. Probably designed for the second monitor, but works on a single one as well, albeit the Browser window and the Transformation's control window may obscure the preview image when displayed on top of it. Also, the thumbnails in the Image Browser can be reduced in size by pressing the minus button in the Browser top toolbar, which may allow seeing more of them above the transformation control window.
Maciej Tomczak
Phototramp.com
tomczak
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Fuji X-E2

Post by tomczak »

Just to add to the discussion, although this may not be easy or even desirable to implement, perhaps having an option to turn the browser window 90deg to make the branches horizontal (PWP7 style) could be considered?
Maciej Tomczak
Phototramp.com