Unable to load Printer Curves + Safe as Default skips Custom Profile

Please use this forum to post bug reports, feature requests, tips, etc. for beta versions of Picture Window Pro 8

Moderator: jsachs

davidh

Unable to load Printer Curves + Safe as Default skips Custom Profile

Post by davidh »

When I tried to load a Dot Gain...Monitor Curve from the list in the Print dialog, I got this error message:

Unrecognized curve file C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\Picture Window Pro\Printer Curves\ Dot Gain..-inverse.color curves
Error loading printer curves.

My Default Settings location in Preferences is C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\Picture Window Pro

Since there is still another PWP8 Default Settings location at C:\Users\<user name>\Documents\Picture Window Pro,
I created a custom monitor curve to find out where it would be saved. It was saved in the default location under ...AppData\Local\.... The inverse curve appeared in the Printer Curves list, but with the same error.

By the way, the other location in C:\Users\<user name>\Documents\Picture Window Pro on my PC has the date of creation 19-May-2018. It is obviously recreated with each full PWP installation. Is this the recommended location for PWP8 default settings? And if so, will it be always completely overwriten or only incrementally updated by the next full installation?

--------------------

And the next one:
Save as Default Settings in Printer dialog does not remember Custom profile.
jsachs

Re: Unable to load Printer Curves + Safe as Default skips Custom Profile

Post by jsachs »

I fixed the printer curves problem for the next release - it had to do with the file extension for color curves which should be ".cc" and not ".color curves" which is the extension for saved settings for the color curves transformation.

Unfortunately, the installer needs a fixed location to place files. I believe it only replaces files it installs and leaves pre-existing files untouched. I did not consider this when I added the command to relocate the settings folder to a different location, so I may have to remove this feature unless there is some other way to fix the problem.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color