image browser on second monitor?

Please use this forum to post bug reports, feature requests, tips, etc. for beta versions of Picture Window Pro 8

Moderator: jsachs

JvdW
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Panasonic Lumix G5

image browser on second monitor?

Post by JvdW »

Hello Jonathan,

Great to see that PWP 8 has reached alpha state. Nice clean interface and very well documented as always, respect!

I just started exploring and noticed that it is now possible to place dialogs outside the main program window. But is it also possible to 'undock' the image browser and place it permanently on a second monitor?
I tried to stretch the main window over two monitors and put the divider between browser and workspace just in the middle. It is a workaround for systems with two identical monitors. But the menu and buttons will always be on the left monitor.

Also on my wish list (but with a really low priority!) would be some customization options for the interface colors. It would be nice to have the possibility to change the colors for fonts and background of the dialogs. Could even be general presets for different color schemes for the interface.

Regards,
John
jsachs

Re: image browser on second monitor?

Post by jsachs »

I agree it would be nice to have an option to place the image browser on the second monitor. Ideally there would be a way to simply drag it over as an independent window and resize it independent of the main window. The program is not really designed that way right now, but it's not precluded either.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color