Composite - 1 point alignment

Moderator: jsachs

Marpel
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Nikon D810

Composite - 1 point alignment

Post by Marpel »

I do a lot of compositing multiple image segments, quite often using a mask on the Overlay image and 1 point alignment.

To line up the masked segment into the image, I will use 50% opacity to be able to see the two images as they line up. Often times, because of the content and the difficulty in a clear view, I may have to go back and forth between 0% and 100% to view precise alignment. This takes a bit of time and fiddling with placement, especially using the mouse to move the alignment point. Even when I zoom in, I often overshoot and have to go back and forth.

Although I suspect I know the answer, my question is - Is there a way to move the alignment point by using the arrow keys, or similar method, so the alignment only moves a single pixel at a time in either of the four directions?

Thanks,

Marv
den
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Canon EOS-350D/Fuji X100T

Re: Composite - 1 point alignment

Post by den »

I find JKLMouse useful for both PWP7 and PWP8 on a PC using Win10 64-bit, v1903 & latest updates; see: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=938&p=4464&hilit=jkl#p4464

Description/download link: https://www.jklmouse.com/

I also find adding a visible alignment point will also aid in precision Composite-Blend: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1167&p=5670&hilit=alignment#p5666 . After blending, clone out the added alignment point.

Admittedly, I will usually revert to doing this in PWP7 rather than PWP8, only because I am more practiced.

...den...
jsachs

Re: Composite - 1 point alignment

Post by jsachs »

There is no way to do this, but it is an interesting feature suggestion.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color