Resize - illegal second input value error

Moderator: jsachs

BobP45

Resize - illegal second input value error

Post by BobP45 »

Using Picture Window Pro 8.0.4. On a few images when doing a resize transformation, I'm getting the above mentioned error

Image with illegal 2nd input value v1.jpg
Image with illegal 2nd input value v1.jpg (58.96 KiB) Viewed 1713 times
Above is one of the images producing the error.

Resize transformation producing illegal 2nd input value.jpg
Resize transformation producing illegal 2nd input value.jpg (32.56 KiB) Viewed 1713 times
The 800 is actually in the first input value.

Illegal 2nd input value error.jpg
Illegal 2nd input value error.jpg (6 KiB) Viewed 1713 times
But after hitting OK to the above error, the resize has been performed (as shown at the top of the first image above).

However when trying to save the file, it responds with "Error saving file", listing the path and file name, but with no other information except the OK button. (I am unable to add a 4th attachment here.)

Presumably there's something wrong with the image file. If I take a screenshot of the image and resize and save it, then it's ok. If you'd like to look at the original image file, let me know.

Thanks, Bob
BobP
Windows 10 Home, 64-bit, 16 GB RAM
jsachs

Re: Resize - illegal second input value error

Post by jsachs »

The error message is clearly wrong and I will fix it for the next release, but the error is in the second input, namely 0 is not a legal value for the dpi (Resolution) setting.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
BobP45

Post by BobP45 »

Thanks. I didn't set that dpi value to 0, it's the way the resize transformation appeared when opening it for that image. So it must have had a problem with something in the image file?
BobP
Windows 10 Home, 64-bit, 16 GB RAM
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

The program that wrote out the file may have had a problem -- or maybe PWP had a problem reading the resolution setting from it. If you email me a copy of the file I can take a look at it.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color