16-bit TIFF Files

Please use this forum to post bug reports, feature requests, tips, etc. for beta versions of Picture Window Pro 8

Moderator: jsachs

AHuntley
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: unknown

16-bit TIFF Files

Post by AHuntley »

Running the latest version of PWP 8.0 Beta and I cannot open 16-bit TIFF files? Huh? Get message saying it's an unsupported format.
Regards,
AlanH
jsachs

Re: 16-bit TIFF Files

Post by jsachs »

It does work with 16-bit TIFF files, but TIFF comes in many variants. For example CMYK TIFF which is not supported. If you send me the file I can take a look at it.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
AHuntley

Post by AHuntley »

No idea of what flavor of TIFF it is, but it's a full size export out of ON1 Photo Raw 2019. How do I send you a 107MB file?
Regards,
AlanH
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

It turns out I have ON1 here and was able to reproduce the problem. They are using a variant I had never seen before with a so-called premultiplied alpha channel included with the RGB data. I have fixed this for the next release, although PWP does not support reading alpha channels (basically masks) from TIFF files and discards any alpha channel that may be included in the file.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
AHuntley

Post by AHuntley »

Glad to hear it's something you can fix. That said, I didn't use any masking for that image so they must include the alpha channel by default. No problem with me if PWP strips the alpha channel upon import.
Regards,
AlanH