Veritcal Alignment in Image Browser

Moderator: jsachs

jonno

Veritcal Alignment in Image Browser

Post by jonno »

How is this accomplished? When importing images the Image Browswer (left portion of screen) display one long horizontal row of images.
I prefer by far the vertical ordering of these multiple images. What do I have to do?

Thanks.
jsachs

Re: Veritcal Alignment in Image Browser

Post by jsachs »

There is no setting for this. The image browser is inherently 2-dimensional. In most cases there will be a limited number of images open at once and multiple operations applied to at least one of them, so laying out the images vertically would make it hard to work on individual images.

The image browser in PWP8 is very different from the one in PWP7 which was used to review all the images in a folder. The one in PWP8 is used to show you just the ones you are actively editing.

Some users find it useful to work with a separate digital asset management program like FastStone Image Viewer which lets you quickly review and organize all your images and then drag and drop them into PWP for editing. Personally, I shoot mostly raw files and use a raw converter to review images and select the ones I want to preprocess, convert and then edit.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
jsachs

Re: Veritcal Alignment in Image Browser

Post by jsachs »

Not sure if you were posting about PWP8 or PWP7.

The PWP7 Image Browser can be horizontal, vertical or floating. You drag its title bar and drag it to the top, left or middle of the window.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color