Lens Corrections

Moderator: jsachs

gonzuller

Lens Corrections

Post by gonzuller »

http://www.photozone.de posts coefficient and scale numbers with its lens reviews for PWP. How do I apply these in the lens correction feature of PWP?

Thanks,
Chris
Dieter Mayr
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Nikon D700

Re: Lens Corrections

Post by Dieter Mayr »

Chris

You can enter the vaulues with the sliders in Lens Distortion - Transformation.
Method should be set to Curvature.
Remember that you can fine tune the sliders with shift- clicking left or right of the slider to move it 1/1024 of full scale.
Dieter Mayr
MikeG
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Panasonic G1

Post by MikeG »

My Panasonic G1 lens are there. Great.

As the PW Pro co-efficients are listed on the site, perhaps a link from the PW Pro Help pages would be appropriate??

Apologies if there already is one. I looked, but couldn't find one.

Mike.
Andreas

Post by Andreas »

I completely forgot about this. It's a shame!
Jonathan, Kiril, I'm sure that many more users (also those who don't know PW yet) are interested in features like this. Wouldn't it be good to add a "tip of the week" (or month) to the PW homepage to draw attention to such things?
(I just revived a thread in the Pentax section of the dpreview forums, since this lens distortion correction is especially useful for the many Pentax prime users.).
ksinkel

Post by ksinkel »

Andreas,

Looks like a great site. Thank you for posting it. I am travelling right now but when I get back, I will give it a try.

Kiril
Kiril Sinkel
Digital Light & Color
FAllen

Post by FAllen »

I really like this feature, but wonder if there is some setting I am missing.

I have my lenses saved but find that when ever I open the lens distortion transformation and then hit load it defaults to my default file for images (this is,of course, my startup directory under preference), which is different than where I stored the lens files (I put everything but my images under the DLC PWP program files directory. This does not happen when loading a mask. It remembers where I have the masks stored (same place). But it does also happen when I use other transformations, including the Color Correction. Is there a setting to make other transformations act like the Mask feature when loading previously saved settings?

Thanks.
Dieter Mayr
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Nikon D700

Post by Dieter Mayr »

Unfortunately there is no way I know to preset the directories.
It's on the wish list for a long time, but did not find it's way into PWP till now.
But there are future upgrades coming, so there is stil hope :)
Dieter Mayr