A question about Equalize and two observations

Please use this forum to post bug reports, feature requests, tips, etc. for beta versions of Picture Window Pro 8

Moderator: jsachs

davidh

A question about Equalize and two observations

Post by davidh »

I have used Equalize steps to create Halftone screens from a checkerboard inputs. Now, after the bugs were fixed, the Monochrome outputs following Halftone steps have visibly lost contrast. Based on the changes in the Equalize code is there any simple advice which way I should now try to edit the Equalize curve to get the contrast back except by trial and error? No problem if not.

Two observations:

1. Whenever Equalize is reopened, the right curve is always positioned diagonaly from bottom left to top right without any histogram.
2 The right curve works only with 24bit and 8bit images.
jsachs

Re: A question about Equalize and two observations

Post by jsachs »

To get more contrast, add a control point in the middle of the equalize curve and pull it downwards.

Or in Halftone, adjust the curve.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
davidh

Re: A question about Equalize and two observations

Post by davidh »

Those were naturally the first steps I did, but the effect was different and not exactly what I wanted.
The screens must have changed in a very subtle way impossible to recognize, still the impact on a halftoned B&W image is fairly visible. But it does not matter. I will try and see. I guess the editing must be done in a very subtle way, to.
Anyway, thanks for the tips.