Adjust two more observations

Please use this forum to post bug reports, feature requests, tips, etc. for beta versions of Picture Window Pro 8

Moderator: jsachs

davidh

Adjust two more observations

Post by davidh »

1. Dragging the Adjust dialog triggers Curve reprocessing.

2. Color spaces, Channels and curves with histogram are not always synchronized.
for example, if you change the HSL/L to HSV you might get HSV/H, (the first item in the list ?) with the right curve and histogram

or, if you change HSV/V to HSV/H and then HSV to HSL - you might get HSL/L with H-curve and histogram

The main Reset does not always correct it.

There does not seem to be any visible regular pattern at it varies depending on what you change, but it seems that the channel and curve with histogram somehow lag behind.
jsachs

Re: Adjust two more observations

Post by jsachs »

I'm not sure what you mean by #1, but I was not able to get the curve to recalculate by moving or resizing the Adjust dialog box.

I fixed #2 for the next release.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
davidh

Re: Adjust two more observations

Post by davidh »

Sorry for not being clear enough.
When you click on the title bar of a transformation dialog to make it active or to reposition it, only the output preview blinks as it gets refreshed.

If you do the same with Adjust transformation, even with all the default settings, you first see the Curve progress bar for a fraction of a second as the input preview gets refreshed or reprocessed, and only then follows the outupt preview blink. With Brightness Curve or Color Curves transformations this does not happen.
On a powerfull PC this may be hardly noticeable, I guess.

However, if you also apply some Bilateral sharpenning, its reprocessing can take several seconds whenever you click the title bar to make the dialog active or to reposition it.