New Adjust transformation

Please use this forum to post bug reports, feature requests, tips, etc. for beta versions of Picture Window Pro 8

Moderator: jsachs

MarkT

New Adjust transformation

Post by MarkT »

Wow, this new version of Adjust is action-packed... will take some time to experiment with all of the tools.

But, I noticed that when using the Color Balance Settings, a click anywhere on the transformation window would select a point at the outer edge of the color cube.
jsachs

Re: New Adjust transformation

Post by jsachs »

Thanks for the bug report.

I think this is going to end up being a workhorse transformation for a couple of reasons:

1) Often some areas of an image needs a little contrast, color or sharpness boost - using a soft-edged mask and this transformation lets you do it all in one step.

2) Often there are interactions between the different operations and it can be inconvenient to switch back and forth between transformations to adjust all the settings - Adjust lets you vary pretty much all the important image properties without leaving the transformation.

I gave up on the edit tool because the interface got too complicated. It was very similar to Adjust because you can effectively create multiple layers of adjustment as separate transformations and turn layers on and off with the bypass controls, and you can add, remove or re-order the layers from the image browser.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
MarkT

Re: New Adjust transformation

Post by MarkT »

Yes, the potential for this tool sounds terrific. Thanks you for sorting it all out.