Can't get DLC to load Nikon NEF files

Moderator: jsachs

mbondy

Can't get DLC to load Nikon NEF files

Post by mbondy »

This is a newbie problem, but having just downloaded DLC I'm trying to get it to load Nikon raw/NEF files from my computer and all I get is "Unrecognized Error". What's more the program doesn't even recognize the files are being pictures as I have to set the open file option to "all files" to even see the files in the "open" window. Originally these files were uploaded from my D60 by Picasa. Is that the issue? Thx in advance.

Martin B.
JML

Re: Can't get DLC to load Nikon NEF files

Post by JML »

Martin:

No problems with NEFs here. I bring the files off the card using Windows Explorer rather than a transfer program. Suggest bringing some in with the OS to see if it makes any difference.

My Open window is set to display All Image Files and it does. I don't recall how the open dialog first comes up but this setting works fine for me.

Jim
ksinkel

Post by ksinkel »

Only the Pro version of Picture Window supports raw files. The regular edition does not. So make sure that the main title bar identifies the program as Picture Window Pro. If it does not, you have probably downloaded the wrong file. In that casee, please go to the download page (http://dl-c.com/content/view/23/54/), download and install Picture Window Pro.

Kiril
Kiril Sinkel
Digital Light & Color
mbondy

Post by mbondy »

thx a bunch, I downloaded the "pro" version and everything works fine.