Who is still out there?

Moderator: jsachs

doug
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Nikon D-500

Who is still out there?

Post by doug »

It has been nearly 6 weeks since the last active posing on this forum. But I notice that the views of that last posting by people who visit but don’t weigh in keep going up (now up to 170).

Despite the recent change in PWP’s status, it remains my go-to editor and I don’t anticipate that changing anytime soon. I have been using PWP for nearly 13 years so I am very familiar with its features and idiosyncrasies. It does virtually everything I need it to do and does it very well. I’m not particularly eager to start fresh to lean a different approach to editing (such as layers, for example).

I check in on the forum nearly every day to see if there are new hints or tips. This post is merely out of curiosity to learn if there are many more out there in the same boat I am. If there are a lot, let’s try to keep this forum active. We may need each other’s help some day.

Doug
Bob Walker
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Canon R5

Re: Who is still out there?

Post by Bob Walker »

Doug,

I monitor the forums fairly regularly. I will continue using PWP as long as there's no better choice.

Bob W
Staylor2
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Panasonic Lumix G9

Post by Staylor2 »

Ditto for me. I check this forum every day. I intend to keep using PWP as long as I can.
Steve
Steve Taylor
mjdl
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Nokia N8-00

Post by mjdl »

For those who use the Firefox web browser, there's a very useful extension called Update Scanner.

It essentially stores the textual content of a web page and checks once a day (or shorter/longer intervals' whenever you have the browser open) if more than a specified number of characters has changed. When changes have occurred, it automatically opens a version of the page with them highlighted.

Enormously useful when you want to monitor changed pages without much effort!
Dieter Mayr
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Nikon D700

Post by Dieter Mayr »

Same here, I look in here regulary, and use PWP as my main editor.
I see it this way: PWP is a well grown product, and so seems to be it's userbase, at least the part active here.
So we all know our PWP quite well, not many now thins to ask about, it just works as we expect, know and love.
Dieter Mayr
MahnEngland
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: 4 Canons and a Panasonic

Post by MahnEngland »

Dieter Mayr wrote:Same here, I look in here regulary, and use PWP as my main editor.
I see it this way: PWP is a well grown product, and so seems to be it's userbase, at least the part active here.
So we all know our PWP quite well, not many now thins to ask about, it just works as we expect, know and love.
+1
Mahn
MarkT

Post by MarkT »

Much the same as the others, I drop by the forum once a week or so , to see if anyone has posted. I plan on using PWP 7 for the foreseeable future - no reason not to, unless PWP 8 becomes a reality...
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

I'm still here too.

In case anyone is wondering, I am making good progress on PWP 8.0, but it is a massive rewrite and I predict it will take several more months before I have anything ready for public consumption. The results are promising so far and I hope the end product proves useful.

There may be some interruption in the web site as we switch to a new ISP in April, but hopefully it will be brief. This message board is already migrated so that should remain accessible.

Jonathan Sachs
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
Bob Walker
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Canon R5

Post by Bob Walker »

Jonathan,

Glad things are going so well. I am waiting patiently. Is "retirement" not in your vocabulary?

Bob W
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

This is what I enjoy doing and I'm not making any money at it, so I think it counts as retirement.

Jonathan Sachs
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color