Missing 3 Zone transition masks ?

Moderator: jsachs

davidh

Missing 3 Zone transition masks ?

Post by davidh »

The blue and yellow transition masks do not appear on the Blend tab of the 3 Zone Adjustment. Moving the two sliders that control both transitions do not seem to have any effect either. I have used several images. Am I doing something wrong or are they really missing?
PWP 64 v7.0.18. Win 7, 64.

David
jsachs

Re: Missing 3 Zone transition masks ?

Post by jsachs »

David,

Thanks for reporting this - I see the same thing here and will take a look.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
davidh

Post by davidh »

After having read the PWP 8.0 Design Goals, the next PWP generation seems very likely if not certain, and this is very, very good news.
This brings me to the question whether the 3 Zone transition masks will be back in some very last PWP 7.0.21 before PWP Pro 8.0 release. Might they have just been commented out? They were there and then suddenly they were not.

(Having mentioned the PWP 8.0 Design Goals, I humbly pray for the Posterize transform not to be included into those obsolete or unnecessary ones. It is very creative and useful one)

David
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

Have not had much time to check out the problem with 3-Zone yet. FYI, Posterize is already implemented in the new version.

Not sure if a 7.0.21 is in the cards at this point.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

It looks like 3-zone stopped working quite a while ago. I probably broke it when I added support for multiple cores.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
Bernard

Post by Bernard »

davidh wrote:After having read the PWP 8.0 Design Goals, the next PWP generation seems very likely if not certain, and this is very, very good news.
Hi David,
Where have you read the PWP 8.0 design goals ?
I would be very interested !
Bernard
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

Go to www.jonathansachs.me and click on Picture Window Pro 8
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
Bernard

Post by Bernard »

Thanks, and PWP 8 looks like it's going to be a great product !!
Jonathan wrote :
"The entire sequence of operations necessary to obtain a result image is recorded so any step in the editing process can be modified at any time and the intermediate results update automatically"

Similar to layers ?

Bernard
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

Yes, similar to layers and also to Lightroom, but more powerful -- among other things it will allow branches in the processing stream so you can compare different operations on the same image. Working on that part right now.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
Bernard

Post by Bernard »

jsachs wrote:Yes, similar to layers and also to Lightroom, but more powerful -- among other things it will allow branches in the processing stream so you can compare different operations on the same image. Working on that part right now.
Great !!!!!