Scroll Button not working?

Moderator: jsachs

tomczak
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Fuji X-E2

Scroll Button not working?

Post by tomczak »

Pressing Alt+mouse movement scrolls large images - but the Scroll Button doesn't seem to work. Could that be confirmed?
Maciej Tomczak
Phototramp.com
jsachs

Re: Scroll Button not working?

Post by jsachs »

The scroll wheel only scrolls up and down. It works fine here, but scrolling is also dependent on your mouse driver settings. You can also activate the scroll tool (the one that looks like a hand) and scroll without the Alt key.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
den
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Canon EOS-350D/Fuji X100T

Post by den »

Depending upon your Keyboard System Settings, the left-right-up-down arrows of the keyboard and/or NumbersPad can be used to scroll 'active' Window frames with scroll rightsides and/or bottoms... ...works for me using Vista-32 and Win10-64 open image frames in current PWP7.0.17's workspace.

Generally, I will use mouse scroll and 'hand grabs' for small movements.

...den...
tomczak

Post by tomczak »

My problem was the scroll button - the one with a hand on it. It doesn't seem to be doing anything for me here.

Thanks.
Maciej Tomczak
Phototramp.com
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

After you select the hand tool, clicking and dragging on an image that is too large to fit in its window should scroll it (at least it does here). It is a tool like paint or clone, so if you select a different tool scrolling will be deactivated since PW needs to know what to do when you use click or drag on an image and it determines this based on the current tool selection. If this is not working on your computer, check your display driver settings and perhaps reduce or turn off hardware acceleration.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
tomczak

Post by tomczak »

I use Win7-64 + PWP 7.0.17a. Haven't tried hardware acceleration yet, but in PWP holding Alt and moving mouse indeed scrolls large images, with or without the Scroll button pressed. With the Scorll button pressed and NOT holding Alt, it doesn't seem to do anything. All other tools are turned off. On your computer(s), does scrolling work in both cases (i.e. when Alt button is pressed AND when soft Scroll button (the one with the hand) is pressed but without having to hold ALT)?

Cheers!
Maciej Tomczak
Phototramp.com
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

Yes
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
tomczak

Post by tomczak »

Thanks. I'm trying it on another computer, but it consistently doesn't work. It's a different installation: one is 32bit the other is 64bit. Alt+mouse works works ok on both, but the 'hand' button alone doesn't want to...
Maciej Tomczak
Phototramp.com
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

Looking at the code, I think I see a possible cause for this happening. I have fixed this possible problem for the next maintenance release.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
CKirkwood
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: unknown

Post by CKirkwood »

In case this is useful information, selecting the "hand" also doesn't do anything on my Win10-64 PWP 7.0.17 installation. ALT-drag works fine.

--Craig