PWP6 on a Netbook not supported?

Moderator: jsachs

Robert1950

PWP6 on a Netbook not supported?

Post by Robert1950 »

I have a Samsung netbook that I was planning to travel with. I thought it would be nice to load PWP6 on it for some initial editing and stuff while I was away from home. However, I got processor not supported when i tried to load it, It has an Intel Atom N450 @1.66 GHz. I assume there is little that can be done about this. Thanks.
Dieter Mayr
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Nikon D700

Re: PWP6 on a Netbook not supported?

Post by Dieter Mayr »

Hi Robert.

Generally it should run on a netbook.
There was a discussion about this here in 2009:
http://www.dl-c.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=121
I did not see a post of Janet here recently, but maybe you can contact her via her website (in her signature)
She planned to get a Samsung netbook, too, with a Atom processor.

Can you give some more information about your problem ? Like what Operating system do you run, whats the exact error message, did you try any compability mode to run PWP ?
Dieter Mayr
Robert1950

Post by Robert1950 »

I am not at home until next Wednesday. But from what I remember, the message was simply "processor not supported" after I tried to install it and could not proceed any further. I did try to install it from a USB stick.
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

Did you try downloading again - maybe the download file was incomplete.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
jczinn

Post by jczinn »

Just noticed this thread (and yes I'm still around, just don't have any problems with PWP so rarely need to look here ;)

I had no problems installing and running PWP 6 on my Samsung N110 netbook with Win XP. Subsequently I've upgraded to an Acer Aspire netbook under Windows 8--no problems there either. I'm assuming though you probably got it working since there have been no further posts.
JvdW
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Panasonic Lumix G5

Post by JvdW »

I run PWP 6 on a Samsung NC10 with Intel Atom processor and Windows XP just fine.

John
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

I just ran into this same problem myself when installing onto an older netbook - turns out I was trying to install the 64-bit version and not the 32-bit version. Double check to make sure you downloaded the correct version for your version of Windows (32-bit or 64-bit).
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color