Raw Dialog - camera raw settings

Moderator: jsachs

davidh

Raw Dialog - camera raw settings

Post by davidh »

Hello,
is there a way to open a next raw file to "raw settings" - without having to set Remember settings = No in Preferences or restarting the PWP? Shift does not seem to work the way it does with transformations.

By the way, I just tried to press Ctrl + R when opening (not after) a raw file to see whether this would do the trick and PWP 5.0.1.4 always crashed - reseting thus the raw settings as expected in a bit unexpected way.

I guess I must be missing something.

Thanks,
David
keithrj
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Canon 40D

Re: Raw Dialog - camera raw settings

Post by keithrj »

Not sure I fully understand your question, but I can confirm that pressing Ctrl-R while a raw file is being loaded causes PWP to crash!
ksinkel

Post by ksinkel »

Set to raw settings is one of the choices in the raw dialog options menu. After you open an image you can reset all controls either to Raw Settings or to Camera Default (providing you have previously set a default for the camera).

I will check out the crash problem.

Kiril
Kiril Sinkel
Digital Light & Color
davidh

Post by davidh »

Sorry for not being clear enough. I just wondered if there was a way to open a new image already reset to its Raw settings (or perhaps to camera defaults). Something similar to pressing Shift to set the transformations to their defaults. Using Reset to raw settings from the dialog options menu after the image is loaded means wait until the previous settings are applied to it to only undo them afterwards. That is why I came accross the crash - I was trying to use CTRL + R to reset the setings to raw while the image was being loaded.
Hopefully it is now clear. Anyway, if there is no such a feature, it's OK, just a trifle. I just wanted to know whether I missed it somehow.

Thanks,
David
ksinkel

Post by ksinkel »

No -- there no option like the control key for transformations.

Kiril
Kiril Sinkel
Digital Light & Color