TEXT not going dotty!

Moderator: jsachs

TeBe
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Fuji S3

TEXT not going dotty!

Post by TeBe »

I have tried, in vain, to add text to my images with a string of dots as part of it e.g. TeBe....2011. The new image created never includes the string of dots instead only allows for a single dot! Strings of other punctuation symbols never are a problem just the dots! What am I missing in the transformation? Can anybody help?
ksinkel

Re: TEXT not going dotty!

Post by ksinkel »

There is problem with entering consecutive periods. I am not sure at this point whether the dots are being removed by the Windows control or by a bug in PW. A possible workaround is to place a space between each period.

Kiril
Kiril Sinkel
Digital Light & Color
tomczak
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Fuji X-E2

Post by tomczak »

You may want to try using text in Layout instead of Text transformation - it prints the dots as entered.
Maciej Tomczak
Phototramp.com
TeBe

Post by TeBe »

Thanks Kiril, glad to see I am not the dotty one! Tomczak, you have opened up a whole new world with the layout option. Pity there is no drop shadow or transparency option in layout or I could see myself using that transformation a lot more. The 'dot' problem is resolved, thanks folks.
couman

Post by couman »

PWP 3.5.0.10 does multiple periods :)
Bob Coutant
TeBe

Post by TeBe »

I'm currently using PWP 5.0.1.11
I'll go back to PWP 3.5.0.10 to trial my text requirements and possible Windows conflicts with the newer software and PC!
couman

Post by couman »

Instead of periods, you might try using the ellipsis (…) from the Windows character map. [keystroke alt 0133]
Bob Coutant
TeBe

Post by TeBe »

Nice one Couman. I resorted to the character set 'Symbol', copied and pasted the ellipsis into the text transformation as required with the added advantage of being able to vary the transparency and offset of the text as well, it works very nicely. The keystroke insertion would not work for me.
couman

Post by couman »

TeBe wrote: The keystroke insertion would not work for me.
The keystroke insertion appears to not be working if you just look at the workspace text window. However, it does show properly in the image preview window (and the final image).
Bob Coutant
TeBe

Post by TeBe »

The character set I was working with was in Windows accessories. The keystroke insertion is not showing any signs of ellipsis regardless of the character set selected. In fact there is no change evident with any of them. As a non expert I will have to go with what works at the moment and limp along. There is possibly a keyboard incompatibility or such error on board! Either way Couman you have opened up possibilities of a lot of text insertions which I was not aware of prior to my 'dotty text' question. Thanks for all the help.