Multipoint gradient

Moderator: jsachs

pierrelabreche
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Nikon Z8

Multipoint gradient

Post by pierrelabreche »

It would be convenient to make initial and new control points default to a user-chosen color ; for example, for Soft Light operation, 50% gray. Is this possible now, or could this be a new feature ?
tomczak
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Fuji X-E2

Re: Multipoint gradient

Post by tomczak »

I think for the initial control points it is possible to set the control points to any colour you want and save it in Settings. New control points seem to match the colour of the input image by default
Maciej Tomczak
Phototramp.com
jsachs

Re: Multipoint gradient

Post by jsachs »

For the next release, I changed a few things in multipoint gradient regarding choosing colors. If you uncheck the Match Input Image box, the colors of the control points are not initialized on startup to match the input image. Again, with the box unchecked, when adding a new control point, its color is now copied from the previous control point rather than by sampling the input image.

In testing I realized that all the interpolation methods other than Shepard are not working correctly, so do not use these until I can fix the problem. I will also be adding new interpolation methods to match those in Composite multipoint alignment.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color