Levels & Colors feature request

Moderator: jsachs

johnp
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Canon 90D

Levels & Colors feature request

Post by johnp »

This is nowhere's near being a feature requirement, maybe just a nice to have...

Would it be possible to add a histogram and/or a brightness curve display to the Levels & Colors tool?

I'm just curious to be able to see what kind of curve is being applied as I tweak the contrast and levels adjustments.

As always, many thanks!

John P
jsachs

Re: Levels & Colors feature request

Post by jsachs »

You might want to switch to the Adjust transformation which shows you the curve and histogram and gives you more control -- I try to keep Levels and Color as simple and uncluttered as possible.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
tomczak
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Fuji X-E2

Post by tomczak »

You can open the Histogram Tool window when adjusting the image with the Levels and Colour dialog box. This will display the histogram of the preview of the output of the Levels and Colour. If you shift press and hold the 'mask square' right of the Amount slider, this will toggle the input and output and the Histogram should adjust accordingly (i.e. before and after L&C adjustments).
Maciej Tomczak
Phototramp.com
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

Another alternative is to use Brightness Curve instead of Levels and Color. Since it now includes controls for adjusting saturation and color balance, it can do everything Levels and Color does.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color