Tweak request when switching between branches

Moderator: jsachs

johnp
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Canon 90D

Tweak request when switching between branches

Post by johnp »

One thing I like to do is clone a branch so I can toggle back and forth so I can compare changes I've made. The left/right arrow key don't see to work the way I would expect, however.

If I go to the actual branch boxes, the left/right arrow keys move as I would expect and move back and forth between the two boxes. If I move down to the transformation I try to toggle between, the selection drops down to the end of the branch. It would be great if the left/right arrow keys just moved left/right and not from to the bottom.

Thanks!

John P
jsachs

Re: Tweak request when switching between branches

Post by jsachs »

There are some trade-offs here, especially if the two adjacent branches are not the same length or do not consist of exactly the same sequence of transformations. The rationale for dropping to the bottom of the branch is that it makes it easier to compare the end results of two different processing streams, even if they perform a different set of transformations. If the branches are in fact identical, then the transformations are side by side and clicking alternately on one and then the other should be relatively easy.

A possible solution that is more flexible might be a button (and possibly a keyboard shortcut) that cycles through all the currently selected images (the ones selected via Ctrl-Click on their thumbnails). That way you could select two or more images to compare anywhere in the workspace and quickly switch between them.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
johnp

Post by johnp »

That sounds like a good solution. Maybe use Ctrl-D to toggle images much like where in a transform Ctrl-D toggles between before and after.

John P
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

I can't use Ctrl-D for both.

What I did was make left and right arrow cycle through the images if there are at least 2 selected. Since most of the time there are no selected images, this will work the same as usual.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
johnp

Post by johnp »

Excellent... Thanks!

John P