Crop Tool

Moderator: jsachs

Marpel
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Nikon D810

Crop Tool

Post by Marpel »

A minor nit...

I seem to recall that I mentioned this issue before and at that time, it was resolved?

If I crop a segment from an image, then do the same with either the same or another image of the same size, then invoke "Repeat last settings" (I'm sure that is not the phrase, I just can't remember right now as I am not at my image editing computer), then move the crop rectangle to another location in the image (by clicking on the centre +), sometimes the dimensions will not remain the same, depending on where in the image the rectangle is moved. As an example, one dimension will drop by one or more pixels, but will also revert back to the true dimension if moved to another location in the image. It seems random....

I only noticed this when the second crop, which had changed one dimension by one pixel, was attempted to be used as a mask on the other crop, and the mask would not work. Took me a bit to figure out what had occurred.

Marv
jsachs

Re: Crop Tool

Post by jsachs »

Thanks for picking this up.

While a similar issue was fixed a while ago, it crept back in when I changed crop to resize from the center when you drag a corner of the crop box. Should be fixed for the next release.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color