Bibble5 Postprocessing with Picture Window Pro

Moderator: jsachs

Winfried

Bibble5 Postprocessing with Picture Window Pro

Post by Winfried »

On the bibble support page I opened a case:
http://support.bibblelabs.com/forums/vi ... 67&t=15829
This might be a Bibble5 or a PWP Problem.
The idea behind the workflow:
I use Bibble for rawprocessing. Bibble writes as jpg- or tiff-file and starts a postprocessing programm, for example PWP5.
PWP is started and openes the file but does not open the gui. PWP hangs in the background.
This workflow works fine with Bibble4 and the Bibble5-PVs, but not with the official Bibble 5 release.
If PWP is started before bibble writes the file, everything is ok.
So far it might be a bibble problem, but if I use for example Qimage as a postprocessing programm, there are no problems.
Any ideas?

Winfried
lt_gustavsen

Re: Bibble5 Postprocessing with Picture Window Pro

Post by lt_gustavsen »

I'm pretty sure it works here. I will recheck when I’m back home from office, if it also open pw the first time. I run pw under linux but I don’t think that’s matter in this case. It sounds like a bibble problem to me, or something with your batch queue settings. If my setup works, I will post my batch settings to night.
minolta
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Sony Alpha a7R IIIA

Post by minolta »

I use Bibble 5 to convert RAW files and PWP for post processing. After using IMatch to catalogue my images, I open the Bibble 5 processed 16 bit tiffs in PWP through IMatch without a hitch. However, to assist in this post, I adjusted the Output settings in Bibble 5, to open PWP following it's RAW conversion process. Using this workflow, PWP hangs and fails to open.
minolta
Carl R. Evans
Winfried

Post by Winfried »

Yes, the direction IMatch --> PWP works fine, but also the direction Bibble --> Qimage works fine.
I just downloaded the sysinternals Tools from Microsoft. Maybe I find a hint, but I am not a windows programmer.

Winfried