Calendar Workflow

Moderator: jsachs

ksinkel

Calendar Workflow

Post by ksinkel »

I have posted a workflow that automates making a monthly calendar for 2010. All you need to do is add twelve of your own images. The workflow is available here: http://dl-c.com/content/view/59/90/.

Kiril
Kiril Sinkel
Digital Light & Color
keithrj
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Canon 40D

Re: Calendar Workflow

Post by keithrj »

Looks very professional. Would love to have some way of indicating holidays.
ksinkel

Post by ksinkel »

Adding some special indication for holidays is a good idea for another enhancement. In the meantime, here is an additional way to customize the calendar.

Replace the Save File Widget with an album widget and select a full page album layout. After the calendar is built, you can convert the layout to free form and add small thumbnail images to mark holidays, birthdays and other special days. The album will also make printing a one-step process.

Kiril
Kiril Sinkel
Digital Light & Color
Dieter Mayr
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Nikon D700

Post by Dieter Mayr »

This is my way to mark saturdays, sundays and hollidays.
I also add the rest days form next and previous month to fill the weeks, its done with Text and manually positioned.
The Hollidays etc are made with creating a mask and using Tint (or Brightness, for Saturdays , just to lighten the grey).
The calendar and picture i put together in Layout.

Maybe it's interesting for someone.
Text12.jpg
Text12.jpg (15.68 KiB) Viewed 7223 times
Dieter Mayr
MikeG
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Panasonic G1

Post by MikeG »

This post is straying off topic, strictly speaking, as it does not involve the PWP Calendar function. However it is about creating a calendar by using PWP, so...

For my day to day personal use I rely on the online Google Calendar. An advantage it offers is that birthdays, anniversaries, etc, can be made perpetual and are shown automatically year after year.
My wife prefers a paper calendar.
This year I decided to create a paper calendar for 2010 derived from the Google on line calendar. Here's what I did.
1. Set Google Calendar to show one month at a time. Brought up January 2010. Clicked on print - just above the calendar, to the right.
2. A dialog box came up. Clicked on Save As
3. A further dialog box appeared, clicked on Open having selected Foxit PDF reader as the program to use
4. Took a screen shot of the pdf file capturing the part of the display I was after.
5. Pasted from the clip board into PWP
6. Saved with file name 01 Jan.
7. Repeated the above step for February through December.
Then I ran created and ran 2 workflows in PWP
8. First workflow. The first widget was Resize. I wanted a landscape A4 print. A4 is 297 x 210 mm. I set Resize to fixed width of 290 mm and fixed height of 180 mm.
9. Second widget was Crop. But only to create a border at the top of 25 mm. In the second workflow I put the month and year in this border area.
10. Third and final widget. Save As jpg in a sister folder called resized. Run the workflow processing all 12 images in one go.
11. Second workflow. First widget. Text transform placing month and year text in the border created in the first workflow.
12. Second and last widget. Save As jpg in 'one up' folder named resized and text. Ran workflow one image at a time.
Finally - album.
13. Created album - but not from the browser. Couldn't get the album-from-browser to accept that I wanted a landscape output, so created album from File/Print Album

Took quite a while to get all the above to produce what I was after - but 2011 will be much quicker!
A sample page is shown below.
Mike.
Attachments
01 Jan_resized.JPG
01 Jan_resized.JPG (41.08 KiB) Viewed 7075 times