Viewing Messages

Moderator: jsachs

bogumil

Re: Viewing Messages

Post by bogumil »

The same here: as soon as I have posted the previous message it looks back as before. But as I remeber there is some delay mechanism here (I've seen this with the "delete post" icon before) and I guess when the right time passes I'll again see the animated triangles. :)
Bogumil
kevgermany

Post by kevgermany »

Johnathan does this help?

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... t#p9406085

The dots in the posts are where the extra icons should be, including those to edit a post.
Kev

Man is limited by his fears, not his imagination
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

In IE8, I think all the triangle disappear if you switch to compatibility mode.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
JML

Post by JML »

In my case, a moments thought suggested (and was verified) that seeing or not seeing the red triangles was a function of being logged in or not logged in which makes sense.
bobross

Post by bobross »

This may be the "complaint" button to report an offending message to the moderator.
Bob Ross
Dieter Mayr
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Nikon D700

Post by Dieter Mayr »

Jonathan

I've just upgradet to IE8, the appearence of the triangles is the same as bogumil posted before, and switching to compatibility mode gives the same appearece as I had with IE7 (I have posted a screenshot, too).
All this with Windows XP, SP3
Dieter Mayr
Dieter Mayr
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Nikon D700

Post by Dieter Mayr »

Addendum to my previous post

In IE7 and compatibility mode the white triangle (and the "delete" square, at a own post) change color to red when staying with the mouse pointer, in IE8 both versions are visible and the white dissappears when pointing with the mouse.
Dieter Mayr
frankpix
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Fuji X-E3
Location: Bowie, MD, near Washington DC, Baltimore and Annapolis

Post by frankpix »

I'm using the latest Firefox, with an add-on that allows me to flip back and forth between Firefox-rendering and IE-rendering of a given web page (most likely IE7).

Firefox-rendering give me two triangles. The top one is red; it's not a link; and it's flanked by two black dots. Underneath it is a white triangle. It's a link that's used for "reporting this post." When I do a mouse over, it disappears but I can still click on where it used to be.

IE-rendering gives me only the white triangle. When I mouse over it turns red and becomes a link for reporting the post.

I have the feeling that the latter is the way it's supposed to work, but who knows?

Frank
ksinkel

Post by ksinkel »

Perhaps the best way to resolve this or any other display anomalies is to post to the phpBB message board. It is monitored by the developers of the software behind our message board. Here is the link: http://www.phpbb.com/community/

Kiril
Kiril Sinkel
Digital Light & Color
kevgermany

Post by kevgermany »

IE 6, IE 7 and firefox all have the same problems - missing icons, and impossible to edit posts and so on. However on the other PHPboard I'm on, these problems don't exist. Must be something to do with the way this board is installed/configured.
Kev

Man is limited by his fears, not his imagination