Monochrome widget screws up

Moderator: jsachs

Rawcoll
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: GH2, G80, (Fuji XT-1)

Monochrome widget screws up

Post by Rawcoll »

I've just started using a workflow containing the colour-monochrome widget, and I find that the output file screws up ImagePrint v6 (i.e. it shuts down after protest). I can confirm that it is the monochrome widget that is giving trouble, since images manually converted using the colour-monochrome transformation work fine, but if I set up a workflow containing just the monochrome widget the output image causes ImagePrint to fail. I've checked out PWProv4 and I find I get the same problem (I guess this must be the first time I've used this transformation in a workflow).

Now I realise that the operation of third-party software cannot be commented upon, but clearly there must be a difference between the two files for one to work and the other not. The only possible clue is that if I set ImagePrint to prompt on the action to take regarding an embedded profile, it tells me that with the workflow produced image there is an embedded colour profile (Adobe in this case), whereas for the manually produced image there apparently is not. Surely a monochrome (16-bit) image shouldn't have a colour profile?

Ian