Raw conversion Rotate Left/ Right cropping

Moderator: jsachs

davidh

Raw conversion Rotate Left/ Right cropping

Post by davidh »

Hello,
When I rotate an ORF image from landscape to portrait and then back using Reset to raw settings command, it gets cropped to the portrait width diameter. Only after second use of Reset to raw settings command, does the image get back its missing part and is restored to the landscape orientation. However it does not fill the preview window and remains smaller.

When I do the same with a NEF image, it rotates correctly after the use of Reset to raw settings command (but it does get cropped after the second Reset to raw). Still it does not fill the preview window either.

In both cases repeated uses of Reset to raw settings command cause cropping and "decropping" of the images.

Undo/ Redo commands work properly.

The reason why the NEF images do not get cropped when Reset to raw settings may be due to the fact that PWP loads NEFs correctly to the raw dialog window according to their orientation, but it always loads ORF images as landscape.
It is not at all important for me, sill I wonder why PWP knows how to load NEFs but not ORFs, if both have their longer diameter as the first in their dimension properties: W x H, be they landscape or portrait. It will be hidden somewhere in the File information.

Hope it is not to much confusing.

Thanks,
David