PWP 6 Released

Moderator: jsachs

ksinkel

PWP 6 Released

Post by ksinkel »

We have just released Picture Window Pro 6.0. Thanks to all who have helped test it and who have reported problems and made suggestions.

Here are just a few highlights of the new features:

64 bit support for very large image files.

Enhancement to workflow, including breakpoints and a new drag and drop editing mode.
In the drag and drop mode, you can reproduce all the edits that you made on an image simply by dragging thumbnails from the browser and dropping them n the image. This is a nearly zero-work way of propagating your changes from one image to all others that are similar.

Raw improvements

A new Noise reduction transformation

And many others.

Please see http://www.dl-c.com/Temp/Press/PWP%206. ... tures.html for details.

You can download the new version from a link on the home page.

Important: If you have installed the beta, please remove it before installing the new version.

Kiril
Kiril Sinkel
Digital Light & Color
Rawcoll
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: GH2, G80, (Fuji XT-1)

Re: PWP 6 Released

Post by Rawcoll »

Ah, great, I've been waiting for this. I can now load it onto my new 64 bit machine!

BUT, the upgrade purchase for PWPro v5 doesn't seem to be included, only v4.x and earlier. Is that an error or is the v5 upgrade for no charge?

Regards
Ian
ksinkel

Post by ksinkel »

The upgrade includes all previous versions of PWP, including version 5. I have updated the web site to reflect this.

Kiril
Kiril Sinkel
Digital Light & Color
andrewh

Post by andrewh »

I am having problems installing the documentation. I get an error that says "The cabinet file disk1.cab is corrupted and cannot be used..." My MSI file is 69 533 696 bytes.

Is it really corrupt or is there a problem with the documentation? I live on a VERY slow line so hope not to have to download again

BTW PWP 6 is simply fabulous - love the drag and drop editing and the improved workflow capabilities.

Thanks
Andrew from Addis
ksinkel

Post by ksinkel »

I retested the documentation download and install on a fresh computer and found no problems. Unfortunately, you probably have a bad download. This was a common problem with dial up lines. A CD is available on our web site. In the meantime, you can use the Help, which is automatically installed as part of the main program download and is up to date.

I am glad you are enjoying the drag and drop editing and workflow improvements.

Kiril
Kiril Sinkel
Digital Light & Color
pfrank

Post by pfrank »

I have been having a different problem with the electronic manual. I can download it with no problem and it installs without reporting any errors. However, clicking the "Open Electronic Manual" item under the Help menu produces a dialogue that says that the manual is not available locally, would I like to download it. I found that it was installed under C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Digital Light and Color\Picture Window\Docs. Why was it installed there and not to a common folder accessible to all users? Where does the Help menu item look for the manual?

Running Windows 7 Professional SP1 32bit, with admin rights.

Peter
ksinkel

Post by ksinkel »

That is the expected folder for the manual. Are you running as a different user from the one you were running when you installed the manual?

Kiril
Kiril Sinkel
Digital Light & Color
pfrank

Post by pfrank »

ksinkel wrote:That is the expected folder for the manual. Are you running as a different user from the one you were running when you installed the manual?

Kiril
No, I am running as the same user. I first installed PWP6, opened it and entered my reg. key, closed it and then installed the docs during the same Windows session. I then opened PWP6 again, tried to access the manual from the Help menu and receive the not found message. I also logged out and logged back as the same user, with the same result.

Note that, as I said, this was on my work PC with Win7 Professional 32bit and admin rights. My home PC has Win7 Home Edition 64bit. I installed PWP6 and the docs the same way and the manual is accessible from the Help menu.

Peter
Rawcoll
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: GH2, G80, (Fuji XT-1)

Post by Rawcoll »

Manual works fine for me on Win 7 Prof, 64bit.

Will there be a pdf version of the manual suitable for printing please?

Ian

Edit: Sorry, forget that! I see that the manual opens as a pdf
den
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Canon EOS-350D/Fuji X100T

Post by den »

...andrewh wrote: I live on a VERY slow line so hope not to have to download again...
I too live in an area that is held hostage to a single high speed connect service, so have maintained a modem 56K dialup.

I find that the Firefox browser is a better and more reliable download utility than my default IE9 browser... so will use it for downloads over 10MB...

It took 4 hrs 20 minutes to download "PWP6 Docs" which installed properly on a Vista 32 Home Premium system.