What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Panasonic G1

Re: PWP 6 Released

Post by MikeG »

Ouch!
mark_hay

Re: PWP 6 Released -

Post by mark_hay »

Hi Kiril
the "New Features" button at http://dl-c.com/content/view/47/74/ seems to take me to a description of PWP 5 new features...
Is there a new page for PWP 6?
thanks, Mark.
ksinkel

Post by ksinkel »

Mark,

Thank you for the report. The link is now fixed.

Kiril
Kiril Sinkel
Digital Light & Color
andrewh

Post by andrewh »

Den,

I am held hostage by a whole country in terms of internet speed - total disaster. However I did retry and finally succeeded in getting a good copy. I use free download manager for all my downloads as that usually (but unsuccesfully this time) restarts and recovers interrupted downloads if the server has resume support.

Andrew from Addis
nickaltenbernd

Post by nickaltenbernd »

I've just bought my update license to 6 Pro. I'm unfamiliar enough with 32-bit vs. 64-bit issues that I have to ask which I should use. I have XP Pro on one computer (4G memory and acres of hard disk space), and 7 Home Premium on a netbook (2G memory and plenty of disk space). I don't know if these are 32- or 64-bit versions of the OS, or if that affects which version of PWPro I should use. Can you enlighten me? Thanks.

(I've been amazed that PWPro works so well on the netbook. It's slow sometimes, of course, but it has never caused any trouble.)

-Nick
ksinkel

Post by ksinkel »

You can determine whether you have a 32 or 64 bit operating system by selecting Start/Control Panel/System and Security/System. The System Type attribute lists your operating system type.

Note also, that the 32 bit version works on both 64 and 32 bit systems. However you must have a 64 bit sytem to use the 64 bit version.

Kiril
Kiril Sinkel
Digital Light & Color
Darius

Re: PWP 6 Released (Upgrade)

Post by Darius »

I've been a happy user of PWP 5.0, and am in the market for the upgrade to PWP 6.0, but first, a question: The upgrade is at a price-discount, compared to purchasing the 'full' version of PWP 6.0. What I want to know, is the nature of the program; If I purchase the upgrade, does this mean that I have to have PWP 5.0, first, installed on my computer, or am I still getting the full version, and not just merely a patch. If this question has already been answered, I'm sorry to be redundant, and could someone please provide me the link, to which I can refer for the answer.

Many Thanks

Darius
dplester

Re: PWP 6 Released (Upgrade)

Post by dplester »

Darius wrote:I've been a happy user of PWP 5.0, and am in the market for the upgrade to PWP 6.0, but first, a question: The upgrade is at a price-discount, compared to purchasing the 'full' version of PWP 6.0. What I want to know, is the nature of the program; If I purchase the upgrade, does this mean that I have to have PWP 5.0, first, installed on my computer, or am I still getting the full version, and not just merely a patch. If this question has already been answered, I'm sorry to be redundant, and could someone please provide me the link, to which I can refer for the answer.

Many Thanks

Darius
Hi.

You download the PWP 6.0 version (it is the full application), install it, enter your PWP 6.0 upgrade key, it will warn you that it is an upgrade key and may ask for an prior version key, it then asks for the prior version (pwp 5) key which you enter.

It is a full install. If you do not uninstall PWP 5, I believe it can still be launched and run.