Save widget and ICC profiles

Moderator: jsachs

tomczak
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Fuji X-E2

Save widget and ICC profiles

Post by tomczak »

I have a workflow consisting of two widgets: convert profile and save. I convert 48 TIFFs from AdobeRGB to a Durst Lambda profile, then save them as JPGs. The JPGs have ICC profiles stripped.

I recall Bob reporting that the settings in the Save dialog (save ICC, save comments) are applied by the save widget, but ensuring the the save ICC in Save dialog is checked, doesn't seem to make the workflow above actually save the profiles. Could others confirm it? Cheers.
Maciej Tomczak
Phototramp.com
Dieter Mayr
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Nikon D700

Re: Save widget and ICC profiles

Post by Dieter Mayr »

I did quiet many of this conversions recently and never recognized a problem.
I just made a test with a 48bit Tiff converting to my printers profile, worked fine.
Maybe there is a problem with your Durst profile, did you check with other profiles too ?
Dieter Mayr
tomczak
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Fuji X-E2

Post by tomczak »

I think I figured out what happens: whether the Save Widget embeds or ignores ICC profile while saving JPGs depends solely on if 'Include Profile' in Save dialog is checked or not at the begining of the PWP session.

So for instance, if 'Include Profile' in JPG save dialog in unchecked when PWP starts, the Save widget will ignore ICC profiles no matter if you check it again within PWP session. The only way of changing Save wiedget behaviour that I figured is to check 'Include Profile' in Save As dialog, close PWP and then start PWP again - save widget will now save ICC profiles.
Maciej Tomczak
Phototramp.com
Bernard

Post by Bernard »

Kiril, Jonathan,
Would it be possible to include these 2 options ('include profile' & 'include comments') in the save widget ?
The present setup ,ie refering to the options of the save dialog at PWP startup , is really inconvenient.
Regards,
Bernard
ksinkel

Post by ksinkel »

That's a good suggestion. I will try to get the additional settings into the next update.

Kiril
Kiril Sinkel
Digital Light & Color