Sports team photo with new background and reflection

Moderator: jsachs

DesertBighorn

Sports team photo with new background and reflection

Post by DesertBighorn »

I some sports team shooting as a hobby, specifically my daughter's HS Dance team. I ran across this tutorial using that "other editing tool". I am getting a handle on local contrast and sharpening but haven't done anything nearly this sophisticated. Has anyone done something similar with PWP that could show the workflow? or be willing to do develop this in PWP and share?

Here's the link, the tutorial starts on the third page of this thread: http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/844352/2

Thanks,
Doug
den
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Canon EOS-350D/Fuji X100T

Re: Sports team photo with new background and reflection

Post by den »

Do you have a preference medium resolution image and background that you could post on the web, advising the url?

I did something similar 6 years ago using PWP3.1.h and it should be a bit easier with PWP5's added features... but this process is rather image specific and not easily detailed using a message board venue. Also, one should be fairly adept with the PWP's tools, masks, and transforms... as well as lighting/shadow/texture gradients.

While not a sports team photo... illustrated below is a composite image where three images were used: (1) an early morning setting moon; (2) shoreline barnacle covered rocks; and (3) a derelict boat. The foreground water and reflections are a complete fabrication using Mirror, Gradient, Displace, Texture, Composite-Blend transforms with masks. Once composed, the overall image was adjusted for tone, color, and color balance... while the lighting/shadows are not necessarily realistic [artistic license was exercised to highlight the derelict boat], here is the result:
aBBayMoon&Shipwreck-1.jpg
aBBayMoon&Shipwreck-1.jpg (48.41 KiB) Viewed 3272 times
DesertBighorn

Re: Sports team photo with new background and reflection

Post by DesertBighorn »

Thanks for the reply Den, I know you could do it. :-) I'll look for a representative image, perhaps I could start the process mimicing what was done in the other tutorial and ask for help as I go along. I'll let you know when I have something. Thanks from a fellow WA resident (Kirkland).

-Doug