PWP5: TIFF File Open problem

Moderator: jsachs

Udo Appel

PWP5: TIFF File Open problem

Post by Udo Appel »

Hello Kiril,

today, I recognized that PWP5 could not open TIFF files which were created with Irfanview and XnView. I created these files by pasting a screenshot from Windows clipboard into Irfanview and XnView and then saved it as 24 bit TIFF file (see attachment). PWP shows the progress bar correctly an then displays the image frame. That image frame stays gray inside. Then, PWP doesn't respond to any command. When I press the X to close PWP, an Windows report is displayed which tells me that the program doesn't respond and where I can terminate the program by pressing 'close program'.

As I reported formerly (see archive, Subject: 'TIFF Read Error ?', May 04), I firstly recognized this problem when trying to open a TIFF file which I created with IRIS (free astronomical image processing software by Cristian Buil, France). This problem occured firstly with PWP version 4.0.1.13.

Pasting a screenshot directly into PWP5 (Edit > Paste), saving the image and open it again - all that works correctly.

Best regards,
Udo
Attachments
Screnshot, pasted into Irfanview, cropped and saved as uncompressed 24 bit TIFF file
Screnshot, pasted into Irfanview, cropped and saved as uncompressed 24 bit TIFF file
screenshot_PWP5.tif (37.88 KiB) Viewed 4324 times