Converting Files from pw7 to pw8 format

Moderator: jsachs

rhtingley

Converting Files from pw7 to pw8 format

Post by rhtingley »

I decided to jump into PW8 and the first thing I find is that my ".colorcorrect" files are no longer recognized. Is there a utility to convert these files as well as others custom files that I have created under pw7? Also is there a combo PDF file which contains all of the individual PDF's of the pw8 capabilities?
jsachs

Re: Converting Files from pw7 to pw8 format

Post by jsachs »

Sorry, no to both questions.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
rhtingley

Post by rhtingley »

I was afraid of that. That is another reason for me to stick with PW7. I also did not find the ICONS that intuitive and had to relearn the images. I just don't see a compelling reason to convert my procedures to PW8 since I have over 100's of .cln files, many .wfl files, etc...
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

You are the first one to request the ability to read cln or colorcorrect files from PWP 7, but it would not be very difficult to support reading at least these two types of PWP 7 files in PWP 8, and possibly others. Reading wfl files is another matter as the workflow mechanism is entirely different in PWP 8.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

I checked and cln, cc and crv PWP 7 files are in a compatible format and do not require conversion, just change the extension in some cases and they will work.

For the next release, I have added support for opening the above files without renaming and for colorcorrect files.

All the icons had to be redesigned since they were tiny on high resolution monitors.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color