Common zoom for all images

Moderator: jsachs

tomczak
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Fuji X-E2

Common zoom for all images

Post by tomczak »

Each transformation/image seems to keep its own zoom level and centre position in Preview window if they're clicked on in turn. Is there a way of setting the zoom level and position common for all of them?

The reason is that I'm trying to quickly compare different versions of the images by clicking on thumbnails, as their previews are already computed. There are other ways of doing that, such as input/output compare when the control panel for a transformation is opened, or using Compare. Another way is turning Bypass buttons for thumbnails, but that recalculates downstream transformations. But I still wonder...
Maciej Tomczak
Phototramp.com
jsachs

Re: Common zoom for all images

Post by jsachs »

I had forgotten this myself, but I found this in the help file:

If you hold down the Alt key while clicking on a thumbnail, the image you select is displayed in the main image area with the same zoom factor and scroll position as the previously current image - assuming the new image is the same size as the previous image. This lets you zoom in on an area of interest in one image and see how the same area looks in other versions of the same image (or in any other image of the same size).
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
tomczak
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Fuji X-E2

Re: Common zoom for all images

Post by tomczak »

It works, great!
Maciej Tomczak
Phototramp.com