Masks Tool

Moderator: jsachs

Marpel
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Nikon D810

Masks Tool

Post by Marpel »

Latest version.

Couple questions on this tool, specific to the three view buttons. Don't know if the dialogue box is just following a standard format for all PWP dialogues.

When the Masks tool is first opened, the dialogue shows two view buttons - Display Input and Display Preview. When the New Mask is selected, a third view button appears - Synchronized Scrolling, and a side by side view of the image is shown.

However, if either the Display or Preview button is clicked, the Synch button disappears and a single image is displayed (either with or without the mas). There is now no way, that I can see, to return to the Synch view.

My questions are - What is the intended purpose of the Preview button and view? Is the removal of the Synch button, under the noted circumstance, intended?

I just used the tool to mask areas around some tree branches and I found the Synch view best to zoom well into the image and compare the masked side with the unmasked side to see what needed further clean-up, but I also liked to see just the Input, with mask overlay, when doing larger areas while using the flood fill.

Marv
jsachs

Re: Masks Tool

Post by jsachs »

It was unintentional. Masks is something of a special case since the input and output images are always the same.

Fixed for next release.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color