One more comment to Layout

Moderator: jsachs

davidh

One more comment to Layout

Post by davidh »

1. reopen Layout with a non-empty panel
2. click Color/Image rectangle to expand the image list
3. instead of chosing another image from the list, click on the transformation dialog title bar to drag the it aside to have a better access to the image browser -> this opens the Color picker and deactivates the Layout dialog.

This is not a problem, still it requires to close the Color picker (which may sometimes partly cover the Layout title bar), and then click again on the Layout title bar to reactivate it. If you do not want a Solid Color option, you must do it each time you expand the list before you drag the dialog aside.

The Color picker seems to always open without being clicked on in the list because the Select Solid Color item is made automatically active once the list is expanded.
jsachs

Re: One more comment to Layout

Post by jsachs »

I do not see this happening here -- it looks like something I fixed in 8.0.76. Are you sure you are using the latest version?
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
davidh

Post by davidh »

Sorry, it was the situation in the version 8.0.76, but the situation in the version 8.0.79 is similar.

However I think I found the problem: it seems to depend on the position on the title bar, or rather the part of it, you click on:

If it is positioned over the image browser, it opens the Color picker and triggers problems described.
If it is positioned e.g. over the image window, everything seems to work all right.

The current situation of the letest version 8.0.79 in the first case (clicking over the image browser). This is different from the version 8.0.76.:

1. When the Color picker pops up, the panel gets empty.
2. Cancel and Confirm Abandoning changes (empty panel) does not work.

I am mentioning this just for the case the position of the title bar was not the only problem.
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

Fixed for next release
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color