Resize issue with metric units

Moderator: jsachs

davidh

Resize issue with metric units

Post by davidh »

version 36
If you edit Physical dimensions set to cm, they get considerably multiplied
For example entering 40 cm gets multiplied to 258 cm completely blocking the whole system.

So I uninstalled PWP and installed the previous version, however with the same result. I continued going back with one or two more versions with no change. Then I looked into the Update log to see the last changes in Resize and tried to install the version 22 (I had not downloaded all the consecutive versions to my PC). This time I was not even able to open PWP. After install it opens minimalized and when clicked on, it is empty and not responding.

Finally I have installed the latest version 37 but when opened, it is empty and frozen too.
So currently I have no working PWP on my PC.
jsachs

Re: Resize issue with metric units

Post by jsachs »

I generally do not guarantee backward compatibility with newer settings files.

There is probably a problem with your Session, Preferences or Color Management settings file. If you delete one or both PWP should revert to defaults.

I will look into the Resize problem -- I recently did a fairly major rewrite to the code so I am not surprised there are some cases I missed.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
davidh

Re: Resize issue with metric units

Post by davidh »

I deleted both Preferences and Color Management settings files, reinstalled the version 37 and yes, it did help to access the PWP workspace.
I mention it for others to know what helps if they happen to encounter this problem after having to uninstall a newer version, for some reason that might arise, and reinstall an older one instead.

After that I found the lastest version 38, that had been uploaded in the meantime, and I can confirm - it solves the problem with the metric units.
Thanks for the prompt reaction.