Default Scripts folder

Moderator: jsachs

tomczak
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Fuji X-E2

Default Scripts folder

Post by tomczak »

For the Workspace Script there is a default folder in Documents/Picture Window Pro/Workspace Scripts. Thre is no folder, as far as I can tell, for Scripts.

This kind of makes sense since scripts define all operations on a particular output image and are usually saved with it.

But then I figure I would make a set of generic scripts to be reused. Rightly or wrongly I decided to use Scripts for that, not Workspace Scripts (I'm rethinking that idea now). So I made an extra folder: Documents/Picture Window Pro/Scripts with the intention that I would store there my processing recipes.

But I also save scripts with images elsewhere, as intended, and I'm directed to the last-save directory when I want to go to Scripts. Is there some way of simplifying going directly to Scripts when I want to either open or save a generic script?

For now, I pinned this folder to Windows quick access, but is there anything else I could do?
Maciej Tomczak
Phototramp.com
jsachs

Re: Default Scripts folder

Post by jsachs »

That sounds like a better solution than anything else I can think of.

It is possible to add new locations to the File Open dialog box, but only "known folders" like My Documents or My Pictures.

There does not seem to be a reliable interface to Windows that lets you pin or unpin items to Quick Access from within an application.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color